Thursday, May 29, 2008

Taking Care of Me

In my effort to “take care of myself”, I am off to a good start. I had originally planned to run today but am feeling more like doing yoga. So that’s what I’m going to do. The good thing about my achievable running pace is that I can still hang on Saturdays even when I don’t run two other times during the week. I just need to stop stressing about it. If I’m feeling more like yoga, I should just do yoga. The new Tranquil Space studio is nice and big. It’s truly lovely and I’m genuinely looking forward to going there today. I will make an effort to get my running schedule back on track next week.

As for the eating plan, I’m sticking with what I set out to do. I am eating a lot more fruits and vegetables and a lot less “dry carbs”. The Vitatops are a good quick and filling breakfast; they don’t seem to spike my cravings for sweets. I’ve treated myself to small bits of dark chocolate in the evenings to have something to look forward to. So far, so good.

I may be able to start sharing some of what I’ve learned about health and wellness with my coworkers. I just applied to be on a new committee on that topic that is currently forming. I figure that at least I’ll get to know some people outside of my department, if not do some actual good.

In other news, things are barreling along on the debt reduction front as well. I am securely on track to eliminating it by the end of 2008!!!!

And to top it all off, I ordered a new pair of running shoes yesterday AND I have a couple pairs of sandals on their way, too! Hopefully, my quest for good comfy shoes will be fulfilled.

No comments: