Thursday, June 18, 2009

Food for Thought (pun intended)

I came across an incredible post by Kate Harding at Shapely Prose that explains how intuitive eating (what she calls demand feeding) works and why it is so important. I was going to pull out a quote to illustrate, but really, if you’re at all interested, just go read Devouring the World. Like Kate, and many others, I’ve had the fear that if I just let go of the strings holding me back, there’d be no end to my gluttony and I’d keep gaining weight indefinitely (read about why that’s unlikely at Can Just Anyone Weigh 400 lbs?) I’m starting to really get it and the fear is subsiding more and more each day.

2 comments:

Mama Youtz said...

NO FEAR!!! You are doing great. Let's get together soon!

HEALTHY AMELIA said...

Thanks, Dina. I'd love to catch up with you and Dave. Give me a call when you have some time!