Thursday, September 22, 2016

Fit by Forty (Keto) Month 1 Update

There is nothing like results to keep the motivation coming! My one month results are in and I'm down a total of 8.6 lbs since my birthday. Better yet, when noting my progress on a spreadsheet I keep, I realized that I'm actually down 19.6 lbs since my heaviest back in February 2016. Back then I did 6 weeks without sweetener to great success. Why did I stop? I have no idea.... Seems crazy now but life happens and the commitment just wasn't there at that time. I had a short term goal that I reached and then, I stopped. Such is life! Now, I'm in it to win it.

As I mentioned in my last post, the hardest part of all this was making the decision. Since then, I've felt so incredible that I can't even fathom why on Earth I'd ever change what I'm doing. I am still in awe of how few cravings I have. To not agonize and struggle to resist sweets is so fantastic. My energy levels are high -- I wake up feeling pretty good after about 7.5 hours sleep. I used to need a minimum of 8 hours to just feel somewhat OK and would often sleep over 9 hours and still feel groggy.

Getting food from Power Supply has been so wonderful. I've taken a break from my habit of Food as Hobby and put feeding myself more on autopilot. Don't get me wrong, I still cook but it's not the dominating activity of my days. Having ready made dishes on hand for myself has been so freeing.

I've also been binge-listening to the Primal Potential podcasts. I love Elizabeth's focus on mindset -- I truly believe that is where all the magic happens. Finding ways to be my own cheerleader and to believe can I really do this has been critical so far. I'm making my way through her archive in between my regular old friends: Keto Talk, 2 Keto Dudes, and the Ketoevagelist. Something Elizabeth says is that we need to line up our intention with our attention. Listening to podcasts throughout the days keeps my goals front and center and keeps my attention on what I really want.

Most importantly I've had nothing less than complete support from Cute Man, who has ridden the waves of all my healthy endeavors over the years. He never judges or interferes. Instead, he cheers me on and reminds me how much he cares about me, no matter what. I love you, Cute Man!

No comments: