Monday, March 24, 2008

Mindful Monday Checkin

I actually wound up over by 15 points this week. It's really not as bad as it sounds because I keep my daily points to 25, instead of the 27 I'm supposed to have. It's easier for me to do it this way than to tell myself I should limit my weekly points to 0-20. I know it's all mind games but it works for me.

As a result, I'm registering a 2 lb loss this week, bringing the grand total so far to 15.5 lbs since the beginning of January. That feels good. I also hit my '4 days of activity' goal. I got in 2 Couch to 5k "runs" (I use this term loosely -- I do a walk/jog combo), 1 in-studio yoga class, and 1 session with Jillian Michaels on my TV. That last one took place last night. Gotta love Comcast On Demand! It was kind of fun, to be honest. She did a mix of cardio, strenth, and ab work in a very fast paced manner. I did get to sweating, so I take it as a success.

So here is the official progress report:
  1. Keep within my daily/weekly Points allowance. Went over by 15 points.
  2. Complete at least 30 minutes of mindful activity four days per week (walking to the Metro doesn’t count!) 4 out of 4 days -- yes!
  3. Track all food, exercise, and money expenditures in the appropriate journal. Check! This is the habit that is the foundation for my success. The key is to do it no matter what, even when I go over so I feel good about this.
  4. Note current weight weekly on Mondays. Check! See updated stats.


Please let me know how you’re doing on your various goals. What’s on tap for this week?

No comments: