Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Quality Over Quantity

I have fallen in love with reading AlmostFit.com. I just added Metroknow’s tips on how to lose weight while eating real food on the side so I can reread it whenever I want. I think I’m really ready to commit to eating real food and getting rid of all the fake stuff. I’m pretty much there – mostly I need to address my portions. The easiest way to do this, I believe, is to focus on the positive. I want each meal to include at least 50% fresh fruit or vegetables. I find that when I do that, I can’t help but eat somewhat less of the protein, fat, and grain portions of the meal.

And I’m going to continue to up the quality (while decreasing the quantity) of those other elements. I’m going back to real butter and will indulge in some fresh made bread from time to time. I will also buy some brie, which just makes me happy. I need to learn that it’s OK to have these wonderful things. And when I do, it’s not necessary to eat gobs of it. I like how Metroknow writes about eating small amounts of real ice cream. What a concept. The whole idea is to improve my relationship with food. I do not need to reduce it to just a source of fuel to lose weight. I CAN enjoy it if I do not abuse it. Wow. I think I really understand this now…

No comments: