Friday, December 6, 2013

Loving Leftovers



I know I've mentioned this a bunch of times already, but I am really having fun with my Spiral Slicer. As a result, I've been noodling up a bunch of zucchini each week and then mixing and matching them with Italian, Asian, and other miscellaneous types of sauces with various veggies and proteins. I have yet to get bored! 

Between all the noodling and my other cooking exploits, my fridge has been quite stocked lately. I've taken to using these BPA-free, freezer-safe containers in addition to my regular Rubbermaid Set (although, if I were to buy these again now, I'd go with the glass version). I keep a little Sharpie and these awesome Post-it Label Pads in a drawer in the kitchen so I can easily mark the food and date on each container. This cuts way down on the mystery food phenomenon in which the food just sits there and I'm never sure if it's still good. There's something about these bright cheery labels identifying the contents that makes me actually eat pretty much everything before it goes bad. It takes just an extra few seconds to mark the container and it's working like a charm. 

At the risk of looking like a crazy person, here is a shot of my fridge from a little while ago. It's almost empty now, due to having gobbled these contents! 

No comments: