Friday, February 6, 2015

Cute Baby Chronicles: Heading into the Third Trimester

Back in August, 40 weeks seemed like an eternity and waiting until we felt OK sharing the news was excruciating. But now it's suddenly February and I'm staring at the 28 week mark coming on on Tuesday. That will put us into the THIRD TRIMESTER, as in the final one. To think, we have 2/3 of this process under our belt already (no pun intended!)

I'm starting to feel like a "real" pregnant lady. The belly is now pretty obvious and I feel a ton of movement which never ceases to amaze me each and every time. There is actually a little mini human in there!

It's not all unicorns and rainbows, of course. My body is starting to feel the pressure of this additional responsibility. The last couple weeks have spawned the onset of sore feet and wrists, pelvic and lower back pain, and some sleep disturbances. But on the whole, I am feeling pretty great, grateful, and just over the moon to be blessed with this experience. I try my best to focus on all the positive and address any concerns proactively instead of just complaining. Cute Man is pretty empathetic and helpful when I do have to get a bit of that off my chest :)

To help me feel my best, I've started going for prenatal massage, which is heavenly and should be mandatory for all pregnant women. I'm also looking into going to a chiropractor to help with the pelvic pain, which is not fun at all. I'm doing a bit of yoga at work and a 4 week prenatal series with the teacher of the fertility workshop I did last summer. 4 of us are now preggo and it's so nice to be in a class with them again. My wrists can't seem to take any weight, so I'm modifying a lot, but it's still worth it and extremely relaxing. It just feels good to move!

I'm excited to be going to Ikea this weekend with Cute Man to scope out nursery furniture. We're not quite ready to buy anything yet, so it'll be more of an exploratory trip. Cute Man may have to strap my hands to my sides, though, to stop me from buying up all the adorableness. I'm pretty proud of my restraint so far. I have yet to buy much of anything baby related. I guess I'm afraid that it could break some sort of seal and open the floodgates of spending that I can't stop. So far, so good. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

No Nonsense Landlord said...

Good luck with the new kid! For me, they are a bit too messy.

Blogger said...

You could be qualified to receive a $350 Ikea Gift Card.