Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Simple Dinner

Can't get easier than this! You know those Carnitas that were on the menu for yesterday? Guess who forgot to put on the crockpot yesterday! Yup. That’s me. As a result, I made the easiest dinner on record: I defrosted some cooked shrimp, made some ketchup, threw together a salad and called it done. I did get slightly fancy with the dressing since I went to the 2 minute “trouble” of making ketchup…

2 tbs ketchup
2 tbs balsamic vinegar
4 tbs olive oil

Stir all ingredients with a whisk and declare it “Catalina” dressing. Mix it with bagged lettuce and grape tomatoes and call it "Salad".

The good thing about the slip-up is that I now get to come home to all the Tex-Mex goodness today. I set myself up for success last night by premixing the ingredients for the Carnitas in a Ziploc bag. I got to just toss it in the slow cooker with the meat and run out the door. It was a good thing, too, since I got out of bed at 6:55 when I had to leave by 7:10. I managed to get out the door at 7:15, jogged to the metro (amazingly easy – this exercise thing is actually working!) and got to my bootcamp class just after 8:00. Not too shabby!

Also, in other news, I got my very own copy of Make it Paleo yesterday! If you are on the fence about trying out this way of eating or wondering what cookbook to buy, BUY THIS ONE! It has 450 pages of gorgeous recipes - each one with an awe inspiring photo. I cannot wait to start going through it. These guys came up with my beloved pumpkin cookies, so the bar is high.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gained 6 pounds and cancelled exercize. How do I start on your regimen? I no not feel that good either. ch

HEALTHY AMELIA said...

There is a new book out called the 21 DAY TOTAL BODY CHALLENGE. It’s a good quick start guide that can help with the transition. Otherwise, just give me a call and we can chat about strategy.

Link to the book: http://www.amazon.com/Primal-Blueprint-21-Day-Total-Transformation/dp/0982207778%3FSubscriptionId%3D15HRV3AZSMPK0GXTY102%26tag%3Die8suggestion-20%26linkCode%3Dxm2%26camp%3D2025%26creative%3D165953%26creativeASIN%3D0982207778.