Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Haddock en Papillote

Since the small bag of frozen wild caught Halibut that contained two small filets cost $18.99 and the large bag of frozen wild caught Haddock cost $12.99 contained four large filets, I decided to make a change to the “Halibut en Papillote” recipe. What can I say, I’m cheap a savvy shopper! The funny thing is that I am often the opposite of a bargain hunter when it comes to food. I do NOT skimp on quality. But that was just a no-brainer. It’s not as if I like signing my paychecks over to Trader Joes and Wegmans…

The idea of wrapping the fish up in parchment paper with the delicious flavorings (lemon, scallions, and the chives I subbed for the garlic scapes) and letting them all just steam to perfection was one that appealed to me and it did not disappoint. I cut two big filets in half and wound up making four delightful packets. I paired the contents with some roasted Brussels sprouts and pureed cauliflower and ended up extremely pleased with myself, and of course, my inspiration: Make it Paleo! Have I mentioned what a great cookbook that is? No? Well, it IS. Go buy it. And if you know me personally, you can ask me for it for the holidays. I will seriously buy it for you. And don’t be surprised if you get it, even if you don’t ask. It’s THAT good.

No comments: