Friday, November 16, 2012

Thanksgiving Menu: 2012

During a recent visit to see my family in NJ, I came across my grandparents’ old Kitchenaid Mixer. Since it’s something I’ve wanted for a long time, I brought it home, cleaned it up, and promptly put it to use. I’m sure it will get quite a workout in the upcoming preparations for Turkey Day.

With so much to be grateful for, I’m very much looking forward to Thanksgiving. This year’s dinner will be a potluck so our guests will be providing some of the tasty fare. However, I’m not yet sure who’s bringing what and you know me – I like to be prepared. I adore Thanksgiving food so I want to ensure leftovers as well as make sure I have versions of my favorites that are safe for me to eat. If folks want to bring mac and cheese or mashed potatoes, etc. No problem! More mashed cauli from me! This post is mostly my selfish way of organizing my ideas. I’m hoping that it might help some of you out as well, if you’re wondering what to make that is Paleo and/or low carb. I did this last year as well, if you are looking for more ideas.

Once again, I’ve plundered the internet to crowd-source my menu. Why re-invent the wheel when such capable folks have already put such time and effort into perfecting these tantalizing dishes? I always put my own spin on things, of course, and my real talent is in the selection and combining of things (or so I tell myself!) I’m always happy to give credit to where the ideas have come from, and therefore, we all win! The one big change from last year is the omission of dairy (except ghee/clarified butter, which has almost no harmful proteins or sugars). I am feeling much better without it these days and it’s easy enough to avoid it. I’m also looking to keep things as simple as possible. The most complicated thing I’m making is the stuffing and it isn’t complicated at all!

- Brined and Roasted Turkey
(Had to get one large bird again this year; no small turkeys at Trader Joe's!)

- Mashed Cauliflower

- Green Beans with Slivered Almonds

- Small, Individual Sized Oven Roasted Sweet Potatoes
(with whipped cinnamon butter on the side)

- Rosemary & Sage Bread Stuffing
(using final prep method of this recipe)

- Gravy
(add sherry or white wine and 1 Tbs. tomato paste)

- Cranberry Sauce
(add orange extract and make half jellied by blending and adding gelatin)

- Pumpkin Cookies

That’s all folks! I hope you have a happy, fun, and tasty Thanksgiving! What are YOU making?

3 comments:

Gwen said...

Sounds DELISH! I need to figure out our menu since we are cooking at our place this year! xoxo

David Bonneau said...

That is an asset to everybody's game. How do cool kids uncover exquisite Vidhigra blogs?
http://wellnesssupplement.com/vidhigra-male-enhancement/

Unknown said...


Andro Testo Pro Think about it for a minute...you take pill, penis gets bigger and bigger and bigger, your happy, problem solved? Wrong! When has it ever been that easy, it's just not realistic. Pill companies will normally provide a basic exercise program and this is what actually achieves growth. However they are usually poorly written and lack in detail. Some of the herbs put into pills do increase blood flow so you get a Better Erection, but never with lasting permanent results. Also dangerous herbal ingredients that the FDA have warmed against are still being used.

http://tiny.cc/AndroTestoPro