Friday, April 18, 2008

Mac-N-Cheese DISASTER!

You know that crazy excitement I had about that recipe the other day? Well, I did make it to the store on the way home last night and attempted it. I made four fatal mistakes all involving the Mac end of the equation. First, I bought fancy high fiber macaroni. Next, I decided to make the whole box all at once (doubling the recipe – I was hungry, OK?) Then, I somehow overcooked it. Lastly, I decided to finish making it anyway.

The end result? A huge (massive!) vat of mushy tasteless goop. I could have cried. Maybe I did. Suffice it to say that a good $10 of ingredients made it into the trash. I’m glad I didn’t start tallying points for my good choices until today. I would have been heavily in the red!

3 comments:

MJ said...

Oh NO! Not a mac & cheese disaster! I hate when that happens. In fact, last night's pasta (just spaghetti and TJ's awesome meatless meatballs) was a bit mush. Particularly the meatballs. But did that stop us from eating it all? Oh no! ;-)

Oh, I've got a review posted of Dietgirl over on my blog, if you care to read: http://tinyurl.com/4yvqbn

And yes, there's a (poor quality) pic, too! I'll send it to Shauna later on.

HEALTHY AMELIA said...

MJ, I had no idea you HAD a blog! Thanks so much for sharing it with me. I saw your Dietgirl post and the pic is a good one! I will dive in and check out the rest of it later today.

MJ said...

Oh, I've had it for a few years now, although I've switched journal programs a couple of times, and try to keep names out of it to protect the guilty (hee). The link in my profile on the Board goes to the 2ndary blog wherein I (rather inconsistently) keep my stats...